We want to provide you with clear and complete information about which personal data this website gathers and how you can view and control its handling.
If you don’t want us to collect or process your personal information in the ways described in this policy, you shouldn’t use this website.
Who we are
This is the blankCanvasStudio website, in the borough of Bury. You can find more information about us, including our full address, in our About us pages, and you can find our contact details on the our Contact Us page.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
This section notes what personal data you collected from users and site visitors and why. Personal data is not just created by a user’s interactions with this site. Personal data is also generated from technical processes such as contact forms, comments, cookies, analytics, and third-party embeds.
Content Management System
The website’s core management is WordPress. By default WordPress does not collect any personal data about visitors, and only collects the data shown on the User Profile screen from registered users accounts; for staff and Developer.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website, but not upload.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
For Google Analytics Advertising Features, you can opt-out through Google Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (for example, the NAI’s consumer opt-out listed above). Google also provides a Google Analytics opt-out plug-in for the web.
Who we share your data with
We don’t share your data with third-parties in a way as to reveal any of your personal information like email, name, etc. or for marketing purposes. However, some data is transferred and/or stored with third-party services we use, like our website provider and other cloud-based services.
Our Website design, support and development company
Our website services are provided and managed by blankcanvasstudio. They provide ongoing support and maintenance for the website. blankcanvasstudio do not share that data with anyone outside of the company. They can access and edit all information held on the website. blankcanvasstudio business operations and third-party hosting servers are held in the UK and United States.
Videos from YouTube
Our website uses plugins from YouTube, which is operated by Google. The operator of the pages is YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA.
If you visit one of our pages featuring a YouTube plugin, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. Here the YouTube server is informed about which of our pages you have visited. If you\’re logged in to your YouTube account, YouTube allows you to associate your browsing behaviour directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account. YouTube is used to help make our website appealing. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO. Further information about handling user data, can be found in the data protection declaration of YouTube under https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
Social Media Networks
We provide just one social media page facebook which is private. Links to our social media and a facebook feed are not available on the website. This helps improve communication across our community and parents are given access as and when their children join us. This privilege is also removed when they leave us.
We only retain your personal data for as long as we need it to fulfil the purposes for which we have initially collected it, unless otherwise required by law. We will retain and use information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely, until you ask us to erase them. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users with accounts on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Website and database backups may be kept for 12 months, to ensure that we can restore or rebuild the website in case of failure.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
The personal data that we collect from you will be stored on servers inside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or in Los Angeles, United States. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing of data outside the EEA. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with the GDPR and our data protection policies.
Copies of website files and database files may be taken and held on blankcanvasstudios business premises within the UK, for security and development purposes.
Data such as username and email address may occasionally exchanged via email between our users, system admin and blankcanvasstudio for resolving support queries. For security monitoring purposes, notification emails are also sent to a blankcanvasstudios site administration address when new users are created and user passwords are changed.
This website contains links to other websites. This Notice does not apply to, nor are we responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any site or service to which the Website links including but not limited to social media sites. The inclusion of a link on the Website does not imply our endorsement of the linked site or service.
Changes to this Policy
How to Contact Us
If you have a question related to this Privacy Statement, please contact us by using the details on our contact page. Your message will be forwarded to the appropriate member of our team, such as our Data Protection Officers or members of their teams.
How we protect your data
We take the protection of your personal information seriously and aim to ensure this this site is as secure as possible. We have implemented restrictions related to the storage of and the ability to access your personal information. These include:
- Regular malware scanning
- Making regular, secure backups of your website data.
- Backups are kept in secure storage.
- Encouraging strong, unique passwords on all user accounts, using the integrated password strength indicator tool and encouraging user to change passwords periodically.
- Limiting the number of people with access to the website’s CMS and admin
- Restricting access to sensitive website files with current best hardening practices.
- Individual accounts for users – no shared logins.
- Removing accounts (or reset of associated passwords) when employees with user accounts leave our community
- Transferring of website files between local to public environments by secure transfer protocols (SFTP).
Our website platform is continually being upgraded and maintained by our website provider blankcanvasstudio, to keep up to date with latest versions, security practices and technologies, to help minimise security risk.
Please note that no transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
What data breach procedures we have in place
In case of a data breach, our system administrators will go through affected users and will attempt to reset passwords if needed after informing the user. We will create a fresh backup, scan the site for malware and attempt to identify the breach, removing any associated code and means of access. Subsequently we will look at preventative measures that will prevent a similar breach from happening again, and take action where possible.
- This disclaimer governs your use of our website; by using our website, you accept this disclaimer in full. If you disagree with any part of this disclaimer, do not use our website.
2. Intellectual property rights
- Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the licence below, all our intellectual property rights are reserved.
3. Limitations of liability
- The information on this website is provided free-of-charge, and you acknowledge that it would be unreasonable to hold us liable in respect of this website and the information on this website.
- Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we not commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on this website is kept up-to-date.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill).
- Our liability is limited and excluded to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law. We will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising under this disclaimer or in connection with our website, whether arising in tort, contract, or otherwise – including, without limitation, any loss of profit, contracts, business, goodwill, reputation, data, income, revenue or anticipated savings.
- However, nothing in this disclaimer shall exclude or limit our liability for fraud, for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- We may revise this disclaimer from time-to-time. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
5. Entire agreement
- This disclaimer constitutes the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our website, and supersedes all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website.
6. Law and jurisdiction
- This notice will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and any disputes relating to this notice shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
7. Our contact details
- Please see contact page for our contact details.
This disclaimer is based on a freely-available template created and distributed by website-law.co.uk.